About Me

My photo
Lala land, CA
Hello! I'm Alex, an early 30-something who resides in downtown LA with my husband, pup, and portly cat. I work in TV and Film, oscillating between different departments as I weave a web of a career and try to figure out how to be a better person. As a collector of beautiful things I'd like to take this opportunity to share the little things in life that make me smile...

Sunday, May 22, 2011

God of Carnage = Amazing Theatre

Theatre was my first love.  As a little girl, in high school, and in college I preformed on stages, loving the power of being able to make people laugh or cry.  After college I found my niche behind the scenes, creating set dressing and props at a repertory theatre in FL.  And I miss it.  I love a good play and really don't get to see as much live theatre as I'd like.

This weekend my husband and I took my mother to the Ahmanson in DTLA to see GOD OF CARNAGE starring James Gandolfini, Marcia Gay Harden, Jeff Daniels, and Hope Davis.  It was amazing.  A very simple premise with extremely complex characters.  Brilliantly acted, hysterical and at the same time disturbing.  I can't recommend it more.  It plays until the 29th in LA.





1 comment:

  1. Wow, that must have been amazing to see such a great show with actors like that!

    ReplyDelete