About Me

My photo
Lala land, CA
Hello! I'm Alex, an early 30-something who resides in downtown LA with my husband, pup, and portly cat. I work in TV and Film, oscillating between different departments as I weave a web of a career and try to figure out how to be a better person. As a collector of beautiful things I'd like to take this opportunity to share the little things in life that make me smile...

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

it's the little things that make me smile: today it's friendly customer service & street art

Friendly customer service really does make a world of difference.  It can make the very unpleasant experience of waiting in long lines, under flickering fluorescent lights, completely bearable just by smiling...and at least pretending to do everything your power to solve my problem.

I begrudgingly went into my bank today to try and fix an issue with my ATM card and my crankiness  was quickly turned around by the warm and friendly treatment I received.  A little effort and a big smile...it truly is the little things in life that make a difference.




Walking home from the bank I was reminded how amazing and diverse DTLA is...you just gotta remember to look up!  This banksy showed up on the wall of a parking lot off Broadway near the Orpheum a couple months ago.  It makes me smile every time I walk past it.

No comments:

Post a Comment