About Me

My photo
Lala land, CA
Hello! I'm Alex, an early 30-something who resides in downtown LA with my husband, pup, and portly cat. I work in TV and Film, oscillating between different departments as I weave a web of a career and try to figure out how to be a better person. As a collector of beautiful things I'd like to take this opportunity to share the little things in life that make me smile...

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

it's the little things that make me smile: today it's tub bathes

My husband and I both had splitting headaches for much of the day - which is strange since neither of us are prone to headaches, they kicked in around the same time, and we were roughly 15 miles apart working in completely different environments...I swear were morphing into the same person.

So when we got home he had the brilliant idea that we should take a tub bathe to try and melt away our pounding headaches.  You forget how healing a tub bath can be - both physically and emotionally.   Feeling weightless, enveloped by soft, warm scented water.  It did the trick.  Hot water is certainly a miracle worker.  All of my stresses, aches and pains melted away and I feel more relaxed than I have in weeks.

We haven't had a good tub until recently.  They were always too shallow, or old, or icky, and none of them could really accommodate two people.  Now that we have an oversize tub, which appeared to be brand new when we moved in, I'm definitely going to make more of an effort to take bathes.  They are truly one of life's little luxuries and they never fail to put a smile on my face.

Here are some of my dream tubs that would certainly inspire me to take daily dips...







1 comment:

  1. what's crazy is that i have my own collection of dream tub images, and at least two of these are in it!! ima email you my favorites to dream of...

    ReplyDelete