About Me

My photo
Lala land, CA
Hello! I'm Alex, an early 30-something who resides in downtown LA with my husband, pup, and portly cat. I work in TV and Film, oscillating between different departments as I weave a web of a career and try to figure out how to be a better person. As a collector of beautiful things I'd like to take this opportunity to share the little things in life that make me smile...

Saturday, May 21, 2011

it's the little things that make me smile: today it's planning a long weekend getaway

In early June my husband and I, by chance, will have a few days off together. For me it's in between projects and for Christian it's while his director that he's cutting a film for is in Dubai. A perfect opportunity for a long weekend!

Planning vacations, long and short, makes me smile. In fact it is one of my favorite things in the world, second only to actually experiencing the trip.

Since we have Virgin credits we have to use before they expire and since we're a bit strapped for cash at the moment we chose Seattle. The credits cover the flight perfectly, we've never been there, and I'm completely in love with the Pacific Northwest.

Ideally we'd stay on a houseboat but I can't find one that's available and within our budget to rent.

However, thanks to vrbo.com (we rarely stay at hotels anymore) I have narrowed it down to these two vacation rentals:

A garden level apartment in West Seattle where we could go hiking in Schmitz Park, explore tidal pools in Lincoln Park, and take a water taxi to downtown Seattle...




OR this loft in historic Columbia City for a 'neighborhood' experience and an easy hop on the light rail to explore downtown...





A few things I'm looking forward to experiencing...
















A trip to Pike Place Market to pickup supplies for our little kitchen in our vacation rental




Brunch or Lunch at Sitka & Spruce







All suggestions for places to eat, drink, see and sleep are most welcome!!

1 comment: