About Me

My photo
Lala land, CA
Hello! I'm Alex, an early 30-something who resides in downtown LA with my husband, pup, and portly cat. I work in TV and Film, oscillating between different departments as I weave a web of a career and try to figure out how to be a better person. As a collector of beautiful things I'd like to take this opportunity to share the little things in life that make me smile...

Monday, May 23, 2011

it's the little things that make me smile: today it's old photos

I love old and antique everything.  I collect books form the late 1800's and early 1900's, buy vintage posters and postcards at every opportunity, we've amassed quite a few large pieces of  antique family heirloom furniture, and I love love love the patina and history behind old photographs.


While poking around on The Commons on flickr I came across these old images of dancer's that I instantly fell in love with...


By Kales, Arthur -- 1919

Music Visualizations, Synchoric Orchestra dancing Schubert's Unfinished Symphony, first performed in 1919 at Shawn's Grand Ave., Los Angeles studio





By  Max Dupain -- ca. 1939   
Emmy Towsey and Evelyn Ippen, Bodenwieser Ballet in Centennial Park, Sydney.


By Sydney Fox Studio -- 1934
Olga Spessiva in Swan Lake costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment