About Me

My photo
Lala land, CA
Hello! I'm Alex, an early 30-something who resides in downtown LA with my husband, pup, and portly cat. I work in TV and Film, oscillating between different departments as I weave a web of a career and try to figure out how to be a better person. As a collector of beautiful things I'd like to take this opportunity to share the little things in life that make me smile...

Friday, May 6, 2011

My Private Collection: Scents + Psychology

I've been searching for the perfect scent recently, an everyday signature scent.  And I love the way they look.  There's something very romantic and feminine about perfume bottles on display on a bathroom shelf. 

I have long been interested in aroma therapy and have detailed lists of which essential oils do what but I recently stumbled upon this simple, great guide that Sephora has listing which aromas trigger specific feelings and some corresponding perfumes.  Here are some highlights and perfumes that I'm thinking of trying this summer:

Vanilla - Acts as an aphrodisiac

Boyfriend
Boyfriend by Kate Walsh


Peony & Magnolia - Associated with feeling sensual

Bright Crystal
Versace Bright Crystal


Grapefruit - Helps you feel more optimistic

Daisy Eau So Fresh

Daisy by Marc Jacobs


Peppercorn - helps boost focus and drive

Si Lolita



Cucumber & Jasmine - Helps you feel alive and free

Coach Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment