About Me

My photo
Lala land, CA
Hello! I'm Alex, an early 30-something who resides in downtown LA with my husband, pup, and portly cat. I work in TV and Film, oscillating between different departments as I weave a web of a career and try to figure out how to be a better person. As a collector of beautiful things I'd like to take this opportunity to share the little things in life that make me smile...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Summer Braids

This summer I'm nixing the messy hair clip look and instead wearing super simple braids.  The great thing about braids is that they look like you put a great deal of effort into them but the truth is that they're just as easy throwing your hair in a ponytail.  You're supposed to start with clean dry hair but when I'm running late in the morning and don't have time to wash or dry I rely on the braid.  I usually do the dual side braids but I've ben experimenting a bit more recently.

This one is a simple side braid that I pinned to the top of my head with bobby pins.





Heidi braids are another easy go-to style when I'm running late in the morning and I'll be trying out this crown braid soon!

1 comment:

  1. i've been trying to figure out how to make simple but sexy braids for my wedding day like the images I've collected - as I'm not hiring a hair or make up person, and this has just let me into the know how. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete