About Me

My photo
Lala land, CA
Hello! I'm Alex, an early 30-something who resides in downtown LA with my husband, pup, and portly cat. I work in TV and Film, oscillating between different departments as I weave a web of a career and try to figure out how to be a better person. As a collector of beautiful things I'd like to take this opportunity to share the little things in life that make me smile...

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

it's the little things that make me smile: today it's mother nature

My husband and I took my mother and the pup to the dog beach in Santa Barbara today.  It was glorious.  The weather was perfect, the dogs were frolicking in the sand and surf and I feel completely relaxed and rejuvenated.

Living in a city I sometimes forget how much I need nature on an emotional level. Going on a hike and being surrounded by trees, or a trip to the beach, sitting and watching the waves, does wonders for my psyche.  It relaxes me, helps me put things into perspective...big picture stuff.

I've always been inspired by the beauty of nature...who hasn't?  Here are some ways to bring the beauty of nature indoors...



Tree relief prints by California artist Bryan Nash Gill (via California Home + Design)


The Temple of Flora by Robert John Thorton.  Oversize renderings of flowering plants from around the world on loose sheets of archival paper - perfect for creating an instant art collection. Definitely on my shopping list! I clipped this idea out of some magazine but I can't for life of me figure out which one...sorry I can't give proper credit!


Botanical works by photographer Frances Pelzman Liscio of Punks and Roses


Botanical print collages from Etsy artist RococcoCo


No comments:

Post a Comment