About Me

My photo
Lala land, CA
Hello! I'm Alex, an early 30-something who resides in downtown LA with my husband, pup, and portly cat. I work in TV and Film, oscillating between different departments as I weave a web of a career and try to figure out how to be a better person. As a collector of beautiful things I'd like to take this opportunity to share the little things in life that make me smile...

Monday, June 20, 2011

it's the little things that make me smile: today it's crossing things off my TO DO list!

After 6 months on my To Do list I finally get to cross off two sizable (for me) projects!!  It is such a satisfying feeling!!  The actual, physical act of taking a pen and crossing out a line of a list really really makes me smile.

Now for the other 30 odd projects on my never ending To Do lists...nothing can stop me now!  Confronting my addiction to lists in on my to do list, but I don't think that will be next.

Painting my husband's work 'nook' was high on the list and I'm over the moon with how it turned out.  Adds so much depth to the living room and feels...grown up.  I still need to paint his desk...I'm thinking a lighter grey to compliment the now grey wall.


BEFORE:



AFTER:




Also crossed off the list was painting our bedroom dresser and changing out the knobs.  It was the first piece of furniture we ever bought upon moving to CA 8 years ago.  And as of last week it looked like crap.  Ikea furniture doesn't exactly pass the test of time.  But a little paint and some new hardware did the trick:


BEFORE:




AFTER:



No comments:

Post a Comment