About Me

My photo
Lala land, CA
Hello! I'm Alex, an early 30-something who resides in downtown LA with my husband, pup, and portly cat. I work in TV and Film, oscillating between different departments as I weave a web of a career and try to figure out how to be a better person. As a collector of beautiful things I'd like to take this opportunity to share the little things in life that make me smile...

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

it's the little things that make me smile: today it's a clean house

I love it when our house is clean.  Really clean.  Not just tidy, but organized and spotless.  It's rare and it doesn't last long (between the dog and me mainly) but when it does happen it's heaven.  Whenever the house is clean, like today, it usually inspires me to do something...like cook, which makes it super messy super fast.  The problem with a small space that consists mainly of one big room (our loft is 895 sq ft), is that everything little thing left out equals clutter and mess.  But I'm figuring out clever ways to contain our stuff while still being able to show off a few of my favorite things.  And I'm constantly pairing down.  I have to think really long and hard about every purchase I make.  Where will it go?  Does it serve a function?  Can it replace something?

Today my house was clean and pretty and relaxing.  It made me smile.  I turned on some music super loud and took lots of pictures to savor the moment.  I'm having issues uploading photos at the moment but here is a slide show OR you can....

Click here for a tour of my oh so clean loft!



No comments:

Post a Comment