About Me

My photo
Lala land, CA
Hello! I'm Alex, an early 30-something who resides in downtown LA with my husband, pup, and portly cat. I work in TV and Film, oscillating between different departments as I weave a web of a career and try to figure out how to be a better person. As a collector of beautiful things I'd like to take this opportunity to share the little things in life that make me smile...

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

it's the little things that make me smile: today it's a good book

What's on your summer reading list?  I'm constantly on the hunt for a good book I can get totally immersed in, lost in, and let the world around me disappear for a little while.  I recently picked up a copy of Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami and I'm hooked!  It's my favorite kind of story.  An adventure inspired by wanderlust with a good dose of metaphysical mystery.  In this case it's a teenage boy who runs away from his home in Tokyo in search of 'freedom'.  There are a couple of parallel stories that I assume will intersect at some point.  Murakami's characters are complex and insightful and. Deep but not too heavy. It's a truly engaging book that I just can't put down.  Perfect for reading in the sun on the roof and sitting at cafes in Seattle...


No comments:

Post a Comment