Upside down Peach Cake!!!
This is hands down my favorite cake (though I usually make it with plums). Like all my other recipes it's super simple but always impresses (though I think prettier when made with plums). A perfect summer cake using yummy fresh fruit that's in season!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus extra for the pan, at room temperature
- 4 firm, ripe plums (or peaches - I used white and yellow), each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract